As you may have guessed, my name is Chris Olin. I’m an information technology professional and Renaissance man based out of Washington, DC (and on occasion, I help recover stolen bicycles). This site initially started as an idle hobby in 2009 while I was still in college, eventually evolving into a personal project.
This site is no longer in development as I’ve started migrating the content here to another framework in my spare time as of early 2018. Infrequently, I write something entertaining and informative. A significant amount of the content on this site is regarding a con man and sociopath named John Macan, a convicted felon in the state of Texas who I first crossed paths with in 2007 when he lived in New York. I keep the information I’ve accumulated about his activities in Texas and the comments left about him over the years available here as it has been invaluable for dozens of people who have also been conned by him, in addition to letting them know that they are not alone.
You can use the sidebar to the right for a list of recent posts, the “Blog” tab for a complete list of posts sorted chronologically, or the search bar to the top right to search for specific keywords. I hope you find something here worth reading.
Gossip and rumors
- More upcoming site changes (goodbye WordPress, hello Jekyll) March 14, 2017
- New hosting, upcoming changes, catching up on some side projects I’m working on February 4, 2017
- Behind the scene changes December 1, 2016
- Transferring data between two Android devices using rsync over ADB August 5, 2016
- Social engineering and internet researching for good (and so my cellphone will stop blowing up) July 17, 2016
- Fixing Jetpack social media “share” icons May 2, 2016
- And a quick update on John… May 2, 2016